Customer Service Inadequate, Lord and Taylor Does Not Stand Behind Their Merchandise!

Purchased a gown for my daughter's wedding and within an hour of donning the dress, the photographer pointed out the fact that a rhinestone had fallen out along the front neckline & was evident in the family photos he had taken. Luckily I had a matching jacket that would just cover the missing stone, but that also meant I needed to keep the jacket on during an 80 degree mid-June event! Called customer service to inquire about a price adjustment, since I HAD worn the dress & didn't feel it would be fair to ask for a total refund.

Representative questioned if the dress came with extra stones & I explained that it did not as the stones were on a strip that was sewn into the neckline, not single stones.

Bottom line is I was offered 20% adjustment to put towards a repair, which is woefully inadequate. I'd love to ask a seamstress to open the neckline, remove strip of stones & replace for $30!

As it stands now, the dress is not wearable. I will be pursuing this further.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Alex Evenings Gown
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #871249 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lord And Taylor? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jun 30 #1179612 New York, New York

Lord And Taylor verified representative

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact me at so that I can assist you further.
Thank you!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lord And Taylor. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lord And Taylor.
Filing a new complaint about