I had two Lord & Taylor gift cards.I attempted to use them to purchase an item from their website.

The website gave me an error during the check our process. I tried it in Chrome, IE and Firefox, but the error was always the same. Suddenly one of the gift cards showed a ZERO balance. How was that possible?

There was no order confirmation, so it looked like it was charged for nothing? I called the customer support and was on hold for over an hour. Then they told me that they can't help me. They had to open an internal investigation case and said that it would take up to seven business days before I hear back from them via email.

I never got an email. One week later I received a FedEx envelope with a replacement gift card. This time I called the customer service to palace the order via phone to avoid the issue with the gift card not working on their website. It took over 30 minutes before I got through.

I placed my order and gave them the gift card information. The representative told me that the second gift card I had did not work. She could see the balance, but the system didn't accept it. WTF?

She gave me a number to call from Hudson Bay (their patent company) support to address this issue. Of course they were closed and I had to wait until the next day. Next day I called that number. Luckily it only took 5 minutes before I got someone on the line.

The person told me that they can't help me and need to transfer me. I was on hold for over 30 minutes. I finally got to the next person. She also said that she was not the right person to address this issue, someone at Lord & Taylor would need to address this.

She wanted to transfer me again. I explained to her what I had been through and that I was extremely frustrated and tired of all this. She transferred me to a Lord & Taylor customer support supervisor. I explained everything again to her, she said that she could try to complete that order for me.

I gave her the open order ID, she was able to somehow apply the second gift card to my order. I thought that I would be finally done with them, but when I gave her the gift card number of the replaced gift card the balance was ZERO again! WTF!!!! How is that possible?

She said that there was nothing she could do and that she would have to launch another investigation and I had to wait 7 business days - again. WTF? Here I am, got nothing other than a case number. No money, no merchandise.

How long will this continue? This is the longest nightmare ever and it's not over yet. Be smart and avoid them, look at all the other bad reviews. Help to boycott them, spread the word, drive them out of business, that's what they deserve.

This was by far the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. The customer support is lousy, the wait times are unacceptable and no one at Lord and Taylor seems to care about the issues and the customers.

You think Walmart is bad and has no customer service?Well, after dealing with Lord and Taylor I love Walmart now, they are a million times better.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss a product or service. Lord And Taylor needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lord And Taylor. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Macys.

Had an Experience with Lord And Taylor?

Comments

ami2001

Hi

I am also facing similar issue with Lord and Taylor.My $250 gift card became invalid and customer support completely JOKE and no help.

I realize after looking new gift card no. that they change gift cards no.

from 16 to 10 in system so all old gift card system is not taking and giving error message but they are not accepting issue or not helping to resolve.One of top most worse company to deal with.

LTCustomerRelations
New York, New York, United States #1252555
Lord And Taylor Verified Representative

Thank you for getting in touch with us!We're so sorry to hear about this.

We’d like to help make this right. Please contact us at ltstorecorpissues@hbc.com with details so that we may assist further.

We look forward to hearing from you so that we may turn this experience around.Thank you and have a great day!