I bought a work dress for a little over $100 in the New York City store to wear the next day at work. I was staying in the city overnight and had no clothes with me for the next day of work. After I paid for the dress, the sales woman insisted on putting on this large plastic tag over both sides of the material that presented a huge risk of tearing the dress when I took the tag off. It had instructions on how to take the tag off, but I had no idea if I would in fact be able to do so without tearing the dress. I have a BA with honors from Yale, and am not ***, just cautious.

I think Lord & Taylor's attitude is that the customer takes the risk of taking this large plastic tag off, and it is not Lord & Taylor's problem if the customer tears the dress at home, as there are written instructions on a piece of paper for taking the tag off.

The purpose of this tag is to prevent people from wearing an item and returning it, but they have gone way, way overboard here.

I almost got arrested for disturbing the peace, trying to get the someone at the store to remove the tag before I left with the dress I purchased on my Lord & Taylor credit card. The saleswoman insisted on adding the tag and refused to *** the tag, and I argued with her for about five minutes, not so quietly.

Never want to shop at Lord & Taylor again. Not worth almost getting arrested and risking tearing the item before I wear it for their ridiculous theft-prevention program.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lord And Taylor Sales Representative.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 10, 2016.

Comments