2.7
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jun 29, 2017

Still waiting for product to be delivered after nearly three weeks, shipping notice says it will be one more week. Major problem with delivery, apparent inability to expedite orders and the slowest I've ever experienced.

Summary so far:

* Placed Lord and Taylor order 2000219489 on June 14 to allow plenty of time to get by June 28 birthday.

* Received package with empty box inside, no merchandise (empty Kate Spade watch box) on June 23; called customer service line immediately that afternoon and was told item would be shipped via new order # 3103322694, and had been approved by supervisor, but could only request that shipping expedite the order, no way to get confirmation back from them. I sent a pic of the empty box.

* After not getting an email confirming new order, called customer service again on June 24; learned order was only in a pending status, but was then placed, again with a request to shipping to expedite, but no way to confirm if it would be. I again sent the pic of the empty box.

* On June 25, I got an email that the 2nd package had shipped, but no information was available yet on the shipping details.

* On June 27, I checked the tracking number, 9274899994738569013341, and learned it is not due to reach me until July 5! * I complained on Pissedconsumer that day and subsequently got email communications apologizing for my experience and promise I would be given a gift card.

The responder didn't realize I still hadn't gotten the merchandise, so I again clarified that and asked if she could possibly expedite the order given it was for my daughter's 21st birthday on June 28, I had originally ordered 2 weeks early, etc. She said she would check on this. * It is now the night of June 29, and I have no further information. I have gotten the impression that there are some good employees who realize my experience has been horrendous, but they seem to lack the power, tools and processes to remedy the situation.

I have become so accustomed to getting orders elsewhere in two days and certainly no less than a week, it is unbelievable to find a company that I had held in high esteem so unable to deliver. It is even more disappointing to feel that their attempt at recovery of a bad situation is given no importance either.

At this point I will wait for the July 5 delivery, as this was a special gift my daughter requested. However, I would hope to be reimbursed for my time and trouble, and I will certainly hesitate before ordering anything here again.

Original review posted by user Jun 27, 2017

I ordered a watch for my daughter's 21st birthday two weeks early, and received a package a week later with just an empty box inside. I called immediately and was told an order would be placed but could get no assurance it would be sent to reach me in time.

When I had not received a confirmation by email, I called again the next day and learned the new order was not placed but rather was in a pending status. I was told it would be placed then, but again could get no commitment for any kind of expedited shipping. The service person said she could send a request to shipping but had no way to get a message back from them. Today, four days after getting the empty box, I got a shipping confirmation that says I can expect the package by July 3, a week after my daughter's birthday and three weeks after I placed the original order.

I am so disappointed yet, beyond hope of resolving this issue, as I cannot find the item locally. I will perhaps give my daughter the empty gift box with a note of what to expect inside. Pathetic. One other thing, my password for L&T not longer works, so I have no access to my orders.

I have given up on that too, told I need to set up a new account with a new email.

Well I don't have another email and will not set one up for this purpose only. No, once I have the order, I will not shop here again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lord And Taylor Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Product and sales price.

I didn't like: Customer service and dispute process, No delivery insurance, Order processing, Customer service.

Company wrote 0 private and 2 public responses to the review from Jun 27, 2017.

Comments

LTCustomerRelations
New York, New York, United States #1344434
Lord And Taylor Verified Representative

Thank you for getting in touch with us! We're so sorry to hear about this.

Wed like to help make this right. Please contact us at ltstorecorpissues@hbc.com with details so that we may assist further.

We look forward to hearing from you so that we may turn this experience around. Thank you and have a great day!

LTCustomerRelations
New York, New York, United States #1344432
Lord And Taylor Verified Representative

Thank you for getting in touch with us! We're so sorry to hear about this.