I visited your Natick, MA store yesterday. Because I had somewhere to be at 11:00, I was waiting for the doors to open at 10:00 along with 2 mall employees and 1 L&T employee until after 10:00.

Your employee was late and frantically calling her manager because her badge would not open the door. Once inside, I walked the length of the store without seeing a salesperson. I asked Kelly, the General Manager, (the person who opened the door late ) where I could return some luggage. She said I could take it to any register.

She got defensive when I told her that there were no salespeople on the floor. We walked back to Women's together where she had to call someone over. Two salespeople then had to open their registers. They were finally ready to take customers at 10:13.

I had two bags to return. I had a receipt or one of them only. The other one was sent to me directly from the vendor without a receipt. I anticipated there would be issues so I printed out the original order as well as the item pages from your website.

None of the item numbers matched. After going from a register with your new system to a register with your old system and back to the register with the new system, I finally received the correct amount of credit for the returns after the salesperson had to return the items "without a receipt" and manually adjusted the prices. I then went downstairs to make a handbag return with a receipt. A salesperson was showing a new employee how to do a return which again was an issue.

After we went to three different registers (new system to old system to new system again), once again the salesperson could only process the return "with no receipt" by manually adjusting the price. My third return was in Shoes and the employee had to go from the new system register to the old system register to process the return. When I told her the same thing happened in two other departments, she was relieved to know that it wasn't just her. This was the last straw!!!

Because your overall store and online shopping experience have been outdated for a very long time, I welcomed the implementation of your new system. However, I have been very dissatisfied with your website as well as my store experiences since the new system was implemented. It actually maybe worse. Unfortunately, I was in the Natick store the day the new system was implemented and I was taken to three registers before I could check out.

The system issues should have been worked out by now. I have at times not been able to place online orders and I have had to call Customer Service to get my orders released for shipping on a few occasions. Although I have been a loyal customer for a long time, I will no longer be shopping at your store. It is not worth the aggravation.

I can get the same merchandise at Macy’s and most times at a better price. There also appears to be a lot of employee turnover and fewer customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lord And Taylor Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Sep 02, 2017.

Comments

LTCustomerRelations
Lord And Taylor Verified Representative

Thank you for getting in touch with us! We're so sorry to hear about this.

We’d like to help make this right. Please contact us at ltstorecorpissues@hbc.com with details so that we may assist further.

We look forward to hearing from you so that we may turn this experience around. Thank you and have a great day!