Lord And Taylor - The Mighty Has Fallen

Lord & Taylor had been my favorite department store since the 1960s until October.After sending the wrong item TWICE, they now say they never received the second return and cannot refund my money.

This is after Ashley in customer service ASSURED me on the phone that the complimentary return postage labels emailed me and USPS pick-up she ordered would be the end of my troubles. She was only half right. The first refund came through weeks after the transaction, but it did come through. The second return -- with THEIR mailing label and THEIR pick-up order -- just evaporated.

(See photograph of copies of both complimentary mailing labels and post office pick-up confirmation.) After unreturned emails (in spite of automated responses assuring me I would get a reply within 48 hours), "There's nothing I can do," Jofenna in customer service told me on the phone today. Well, there's something I can do: I have cut up my Lord & Taylor credit card, posted my displeasure on Facebook and Twitter, and turned over the issue to American Express (because, thankfully, I put both purchases on THAT credit card).

My advice: Find another favorite department store.Lord & Taylor no longer deserves consumers' support or trust.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Return Policy
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #564761 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lord And Taylor? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Apr 09, 2015 #969875

Lord And Taylor verified representative

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate you expressing your comments and concerns about your shopping experience with us. We value your patronage and hope that we can restore your faith in our company in the future. Please contact us at simon@hbc.com to resolve your matter.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lord And Taylor. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lord And Taylor.
Filing a new complaint about